Games like Minecraft and Roblox have made their way into the lamplight due to the freedom of joining any game and creating our own games. Roblox is a very engaging entertaining and educational game both for adults and children. Furthermore Roblox game brings you up with new gaming experience which other games don’t have. This is the main reason why Roblox is gaining popularity over the past two years.
Roblox error code 277 is haunting the players every now and then. This is the bug that is new but still irritating for the players. The error code 277 is a server disconnection error and this error is solvable from our own computers. In this post, you’ll get to know how to fix this Roblox Error Code 277.
Roblox is no doubt one of the best games that mankind has seen. But every best game has some bug, intentional or unintentional. This error code 277 of Roblox is an unintentional bug when they changed the Roblox’s servers ports from UDP 1025-5000 to UDP 49152-65535. There are several methods to fix this error. Let’s dive right into it –
Table of Contents
What exactly is this Error Code 277 in Roblox?
Roblox Error Code 277 is a server disconnection error which can happen due to bad internet connection, or server problems. As of now, this error is experienced by many of the Roblox players and has been discussed largely on the community level. This possible reasons for this error code can be –
1. High Ping
Ping is the response time between your Roblox server and your internet connections. What high Ping means is if you have a large amount of time between the communication of the server and your app client, it may get disconnected leading to Roblox error code 277.
2. Bad Internet Connection
Bad internet connection is one of the most underrated issues that cause the Roblox error code 277 to appear. This is often caused when you are using poor internet connectivity like using your mobile data. This error can be avoided by using high-speed connection networks.
3. Roblox servers banned by your ISP
This can also be a possible reason for disconnectivity from the Roblox Servers. Roblox error code 277 may appear if your ISP has blocked the server IPs from their networks. Many college ISP’s do this to prevent the student to play the game over the college networks.
4. Corrupted App Files
The system files of the Roblox app may get corrupted due to several unknown reasons. This can be caused if you open 2-3 servers of Roblox at a time or there is the unavailability of RAM on your system.
5. Server bugs
Last but not the least, this Roblox error code 277 can be caused by the servers itself. This can be experienced when servers are wrongly configured.
Are you the only one who is facing this Error Code 277 in Roblox?
No, the whole Roblox community is facing this issue from the past 1-2 years. The lazy developers of this game are not willing to fix this issue soon. But don’t panic, this issue is easily solvable with our guide. Almost everyone in their lifetime has experienced this error once when playing Roblox.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 277 for Computer
Fixing this Roblox error code 277 is pretty easy. This in-depth guide will tell you proper steps to do if you face this error in Roblox. Fixing this error in the computer is a little bit tricky, but easy at the same time if you follow the steps properly.
1. Update Your Browser
Old browsers often lead to this error which caused this script not able to run on the client. Roblox Error Code 277 can be solved by using updated browsers which support the latest flash, and new js structures. We recommend you to use Google Chrome.
To update Google Chrome:
- Press the three dots on the top right side of your browser.
- Then go to the Help option
- Select About Google Chrome option.
- This will open the version control system and auto-update your browser if updates are available.
2. Delete Roblox Logs
Every app in the computer needs to store the cache files and log files in order to debug the errors. But corrupted logs and caches can lead to many errors including Roblox error code 277. These corrupted files can cause many bugs and glitches while playing Roblox. That’s why we need to clear the Roblox log files from time to time to avoid errors while playing.
To delete the roblox log files:
- Open the Run box by going into your Search bar in your bottom left of your computer or by pressing the Win + R key.
- Now enter
%localappdata%\Roblox\logsin the Run dialog box.
- This will open the temporary file caches of the Roblox app.
- Now select all files using Ctrl + A, this will select all the files in the current folder.
- Now delete these files by pressing the Delete key. This will move the files to the Recycle Bin. (You can delete from there too)
- Now open the Run Dialog Box and enter the command:
- This will open the Roblox Logs folder. Now delete all files just as previously.
Using these steps will remove all the cache and log files of Roblox. This will make sure you will start from a fresh Roblox server connection.
3. Run Roblox in Compatibility Mode
Compatibility issues are caused when you run the application in not supported OS. Currently, Windows 10 is the best operating system to run all games and everything, but sometimes Windows wrongly configure the app which is forced to run in older environments. This can lead to Roblox error code 277.
To fix the compatiblity issues for your Roblox app then:
- Right-click on the Roblox Desktop Application. This will open a tray with many options.
- Now, click on Properties of the many options.
- Now, go to the Compatibility tab from the top bars.
- Now press Run Compatibility Troubleshooter to open a wizard to fix the compatibility issues for Roblox App.
This step will fix the compability issues for your Roblox App if there are any.
4. Open Port and forward then in your router
Roblox uses UDP ports for connections to their servers. Before March 2018, the default UDP ports were from range 1025-5000, but in April they changed the port range to 49152-65535. This huge change may impact on your server disconnecting issues. If any port between 49152-65535 is not opened in your router then, the game will automatically disconnect you from the server stating Roblox error code 277.
To open the ports on router:
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Win + R key. Then enter
cmdin the run dialogue box and press Enter.
- This will open a command prompt window on your screen.
- Now type
ipconfigon your window and press Enter.
- This will list all the details of your router. Now find for ipv4 address of your router.
- Now go to the browser and type the ipv4 address’s host IP. For example, if my ipv4 IP is 192.168.0.34 then by hosts IP will by 192.168.0.1 (Just replace final series to 1).
- Now click on the Port Forwarding tab. Many routers have a port forwarding tab inside some other tab. Please check all the tabs to find Port Forwarding.
- Now in the Port Forwarding menu, there will be an option to fill the range of ports.
- Now Enter the following information in that page:
- Name/Description – Type CustomPortOpened
- Port Type – UDP
- Range Start – Type 49125
- Range End – Type 65535
- Enter your ipv4 address
- Press the Save button
You need to restart your router in order to apply these changes. This will take about 2-3 minutes. Then again connect to your Router and you’re good to go.
5. Change ISP
If you’re still unable to connect to the Roblox servers, then probably the ISP has blocked the game ports leading to the Roblox error code 277. This is often seen in the college private networks where they don’t want the student to play games. Unfortunately, there is no fix for this error. You need to change your ISP in order to fix the problem. Either you can use your own mobile data, or apply for a new ISP connection.
6. Clear Browser Cache
Sometimes, due to browser cache, the Roblox files don’t get load correctly and this can cause the server disconnection problems with Roblox error code 277. Clearing cache ensures the enhanced system and application performance in the browser.
To clear the browser cache:
- Click on the three dots on the top right side.
- Click on More Tools
- This will open the Clear Browsing Data window on your browser.
- Then click the Clear Data button to clear all the cache and temporary data on your browser.
This step is much more useful in fixing Roblox Error code 277.
7. Reset Settings of your Browser
There might be a possibility that your browser has some wrongly configured settings that prevent the connection between the Roblox server. This wrongly configured setting can show the error Roblox error code 277. Fortunately enough, there is a way to reset the settings of your browser.
To reset your browser settings:
- Click on the three dots on the top right side.
- Click on Settings
- Click on Show Advanced Settings
- Click on Reset Browser Settings
- This will reset the browser settings of your Google Chrome browser easily.
8. Reinstall Roblox
If the above solutions don’t work for you then there might be an incorrect installation of Roblox in your system. Corrupted installation files cal also lead to Roblox Error Code 277. This step will delete all the Roblox existing files and recreate them. This method has proved very useful for many users.
To reinstall Roblox again:
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program or Add or Remove Program option
- Locate Roblox in the list
- Click on the Uninstall button
- This will remove the Roblox installation from your system
- Go to the Roblox website and log into your account
- Upon logging into Roblox, visit any game and click on the green Play button
- A pop-up window will appear informing you that Roblox Player is installing
- Once installed, the game will automatically open
9. Flush DNS
Sometimes, the DNS cache can cause the connection to connect to whole different cached IP. Flushing DNS will delete all the caches DNS entries and fetch the new connection addresses when called.
To Flush the DNS of your computer:
- Open Command Prompt from the Start menu.
ipconfig /flushdnsin the command prompt window
- Press Enter
- This will flush the DNS cache
10. Disable Ad-Blocker and other extension on your browser
If you are using Roblox Studios on your browser and still experiencing the same issue. Then this might have been caused by the interference of some of the extensions including Ad Blocker. Sometimes Ad Blocker unknowingly blocks many requests on certain websites. This can cause the server disconnection Roblox error code 277. So, there is a possibility that your AdBlocker has blocked the Roblox’s scripts that connect to the servers.
To uninstall the unwanted extensions –
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, click More > More tools > Extensions.
- On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
- Confirm by clicking Remove.
11. Firewall whitelist for Roblox
A firewall is a security tool that protects your computed by blocking unwanted and harmful connections. In many games, the Firewall blocks the connection thinking it is harmful to your computer. This can lead to Roblox error code 277: Server Disconnected issue. So, we must tell our firewall that please don’t block the Roblox servers and allow me to play it. To do this you need to follow certain steps –
- Open the Windows Search bar from the bottom left side of your screen and enter Control Panel in it to open the new window.
- Now among the many options, carefully select the Windows Defender Firewall option. This will open your Firewall settings.
- Now, on the left side of the Firewall window, press the option Allow an App or Feature Through Windows Firewall Defender. This will give you an option to select the desired program.
- Now locate your Roblox program and select it. (Roblox program is installed in C:/Program Files/ by default)
- Now tick the checkboxes stating to allow both public and private networks.
- Lastly, apply the changes and restart your computer.
This will make sure your Firewall dont interfere with Roblox connections.
12. System Restore
Still not able to solve the Roblox Error Code 277? Wait, there must be some error in the registry errors in the system for files of your Roblox. This may happen when any files get corrupted due to some external factors. The best solution to fix this is to restore the state of the system.
To restore the system:
- Open the search bar from the bottom left side of your screen. Type Create a System Restore and open its menu.
- Now press the System Restore button.
- Select a restore point which is old enough when your Roblox was running fine.
- Press Next and then Finish. This will restore the system registry files to the old state when your Roblox was running totally fine.
13. Don’t Use Fake Roblox Utility Tool
Currently, there is not a working utility tool for Roblox to fix Roblox Error Code 277. Please beware of the website which mentioned the Roblox Utility Tool. These websites are featuring some malicious tools to get access to your computer.
The above methods have proved useful for every player. Please follow them, I’m sure you’ll be able to fix the issue right away on your computer.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 277 for mobile
Roblox app is very famous on android too. This app has over 100M+ installations. This typical Roblox error code 277 can occur on mobile too. To fix that error there are two steps –
1. Reboot the phone or Turn on Flight Mode
The Roblox error code 277: server disconnection can appear if there are conflicts between the connections from Roblox servers. You need to use either Flight mode to avoid those interruptions or Reboot your phone once to reset the connectivity.
To turn on the flight mode on your mobile:
- Slide down your notifications bar
- There will be an icon of flight on the top side
- Press that icon to turn on the Flight mode on your phone.
- Now turn on your Wifi to use the Roblox app
2. Clear Cache of the Roblox app
Some servers can cause the cache files of Roblox to corrupt. These cache files will then lead to the server disconnection error code 277. But, we can clear this temporary cache files to avoid this error.
To clear the cache of Roblox app in mobile:
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Tap the Storage heading to open its settings page.
- Tap the Other Apps heading to see a list of your installed apps.
- Find the Roblox app and tap it.
- Tap the Clear cache button.
This will clear all the temporary files of Roblox app and fix the error right away.
What are other errors related to error code 277 in Roblox?
Other than Roblox Error 277 there are many other errors that players face from time to time. Another similar error code is 267. This error arises then the server kicks you from the game. This can happen due to the same connectivity issues. Here is a complete guide on how to solve this Roblox Error Code 267.
Roblox Error Code 277 is observed by players all the time. There are some mentioned steps to solve this error almost every time. Despite such a huge game, developers have not fixed this error until now. I hope we’ll receive an update soon fixing this error completely.