Southern San Andreas Super Autos in Grand Theft Auto V describes the Karin Futo as,
“The Futo is Karin’s gift to a core demographic that needs nothing more than a lightweight chassis, rear-wheel drive, and dangerously poor traction to have some good wholesome fun.“
The Karin Futo is an elegant sports car featured in Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto V, Grand Theft Auto Online. Initially, it was based on the design of 1983-87 Toyota Corolla Levin AE86. Like the front, shape, and paint job of the car, various elements of the car are also taken from 1983-85 Nissan Skyline DR 30 Turbo. Previously, the players could only steal the car; later in October 2019, GTA also made it available in showrooms for purchasing purposes. The players can buy the car for $9000 fling GTA online.
Table of Contents
Design of Karin Futo
The Karin Futo is a luxurious two-door coupe that has a similar design to the Mananaand Blista Compact, particularly in the Grant Theft Auto: San Andrea‘s version.
- The Front Body: Small extender around the bottom side and a license plate on the center.
- The Upper Body: A central grille with three black horizontal separations, and the outer sides have a set of rectangular headlights.
- The Hood Compartment: Relatively flat bearing the Karin logo on the driver’s side.
- The Wheels: Flared wheel arches.
- The Rear End: Various square-shaped tail lights with plastic separations.
Specifications of the Karin Futo
It is an excellent performing car with phenomenal acceleration. Rigid Chassis gives it stability at high speed. Brakes are sensitive and effective but can be extremely dangerous using them in the rain. The car has an impressive grip even on dirt roads. Crash deformation is average and often leaves it to disable after few accidents.
Here is some basic information about the model:
- No of Seats: 2
- Mass Weight: 900 kg
- Gears: 5
- Top Speed in-game: 119.25 mph
- Default Radio Stations: FlyLo FM, Soulwax FM
The only disadvantage of the Futo is that it is too small, thus lacking the power to ram or hit other vehicles out of the way during missions.
How to get the Karin Futo in GTA 5?
The Karin Futo can be found in the following locations:
- Rockford HZills: Driving in traffic
- Los Santos International Airport: In or around the airport
- Port of Los Santos: Parking lots in the square parts.
- Pitchers Robbery: During property management mission.
Besides, it can also be found during a random Business Battle event located in a car Meet. It can also spawn at:
- Gas station near the overpass just east of the Vanilla Unicorn
- At random, the car meets during a certain source car import mission.
- After replaying The Jewel Store Job, as long as the player chooses Karim Denz as the driver.
It can be purchase from the Southern San Andrea’s super autos for $9000.
What is Karin Futo in real life?
It is primarily based on the design of 1983-87 Toyota Corolla Levin AE86. Like the front, shape, and paint job of the car, various elements of the car are also taken from 1983-85 Nissan Skyline DR 30 Turbo. The interior dash replicates real-life AE86, whereas the steering wheel is similar to a MOMO MOD 07 racing steering wheel. Wheels resemble the RS Watanabe F8 wheels.
Modifications of Karin Futo in GTA 5
A few modifications were added in Karin Futo in the After Hours update. Updates were not only made in Armor, Brakes, and Bumpers, but also in Engines, Exhaust, and Grilles of the car. The Armor can be upgraded to 20%, 40%, 60% and 80% for $325, $1,625, $4,062 and $11,375 respectively. The stock brakes and the street brakes can be upgraded for $325 and $6,500 respectively. The Stock Front Bumper and the Stock Rear Bumper can be upgraded for $750 each, whereas the Rally Bumper and the Retro Racer Kit can be upgraded for $1650 and $1950 respectively.
The Engines can be upgraded to four levels for $2,925, $4,062, $5,850 and $10,887 for each level. The stock exhaust can be added for $130 only, whereas the player has to pay $1,499 for upgrading the Shakotan Exhaust. Unfortunately, the Ignition Bomb and Remote Bomb update for the Karin Futo available in Grand Theft Auto Online is not available in The GTA5.
A few FAQs regarding the Karin Futo and other cars in Gta 5 are answered below:
Where does the Karin Futo Spawn?
The Futo spawns at :
• Gas station near the overpass just east of the Vanilla Unicorn
• At random, car meets during a certain source car import mission.
• After replaying The Jewel Store Job, as long as the player chooses Karim Denz as the driver.
Is Karin Futo Rare?
No, not at all. It can be easily found in the following locations:
Los Santos International Airport
Port of Los Santos
Which are the fastest cars in GTA 5?
The fastest cars in GTA 5 are:
1: Ocelot Pariah (136.0mph)
2: Pfister 811 (132.5mph)
3: Principe Deveste Eight (131.8mph)
4: Bravado Banshee 900R (131.0mph)
5: Coquette D10 (130mph)
How is Karin Futo’s performance?
The Karin Futo is the best when you are on a mission. Its excellent braking system will allow you to use it on racetracks and curvy roads. However, other sports cars may place the Karin Futo in a lower position, as it fails to manage its speed.