Roblox is a community where games are shared over the platform freely. This platform has attracted millions of users from all over the world. Significantly, the kid-friendly policy makes it very easy for the parent to allow their children to play this game. With over 150 million new users every month, this game has bloomed in the past 2-3 years. Many bored children started playing this game. With such a vast user base, there is a possibility to encounter some errors in Roblox.
Error Code 268 Roblox is an error where you get kicked out of the server due to unexpected client behavior. The exact explanation of this error is, “You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior.” There are multiple reasons for this error, such as wrongly configured cache, internet issues, and much more (Discussed below)—this very frustrating to see this error during the game. Hold on. We’ve got a fix for this error!
What is Error Code 268 Roblox?
The error code 268 Roblox is due to some unexpected client-side interactions with the server. Many players experience this error code, and till now, many of the players don’t know how to fix it. It’s a very irritating moment when you can play with your friends just because of such minor errors.
Most of the times, the error is caused by the poor client sided connectivity. Let’s have a look at the causes of error in details –
Why does Error Code 268 Roblox appear?
There are several reasons for Error Code 268 to appear in your Roblox game. We’ve studied and listed some of the major causes for this error.
Many times Ad-Blocker can block the Roblox servers unknowingly and cause issues in the connectivity of the servers. If the Roblox server has trouble connecting to your client, then it might throw the Error Code 268 Roblox.
Sometimes, your DNS can be wrongly cached and cause some issues to connect with Roblox. The DNS can be changed by your antivirus or some other third-party apps. This is the reason why your client cannot connect with the servers.
Antivirus is a software used to block harmful and malicious app and network connections to protect your computer. The error code 268 can be caused by the blockage of the network connection by your antivirus.
Poor Internet Connection
The poor internet connection can be one of the reasons for the error code 268 Roblox to pop. Such internet connections are highly susceptible to network issues and can often be detected as interfered with clients from the server.
Fix Error Code 268 Roblox on Computer
It can be quite frustrating to watch this error haunt you while playing games. Unfortunately, this error code 268 kicks you out of the game and is fixed automatically after some time. But if you want to fix it ASAP, you’ll need to follow certain steps. As I’ve discussed the causes of this error, it’s very easy to fix them.
Disable third party extensions –
Sometimes, third party extensions interact with the game’s script and can cause the issues. These issues can be related to blocking certain js scripts on the client-side. To disable the third-party extensions on your browser –
- Open Google Chrome, and press the three dots on the top right corner.
- Now click on more tools and select the Extensions.
- This will open up a new window with a list of extensions. Now, remove the unwanted extensions.
- This will remove the extensions from your browser.
Ad-Blocker can block certain websites and also cause connectivity issues. Although Ad-Blocker makes our life easy by blocking all the spammy ads, it can also block some legit good servers and can result in you getting kicked out of the games. If you have installed an ad-blocker as an extension in your browser, then uninstall it using the above step. If you have installed Ad-Blocker as an application in your computer, then uninstall it by going into Control Panel.
Clear the Browser Cache
Sometimes, the cache stored can cause issues in verifying the files and can get kicked from the server. This incorrect cache can make the server to identify your client as suspicious and can often disconnect the corresponding client. To clear the browser cache –
- Press the three dots on the top right corner of your browser.
- Now press the Settings. This will open a new window with a bunch of browser settings on it.
- Now click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Next, you need to select all the data from the browser and clear it.
Unlike Antivirus, Firewalls can block the connections of Roblox servers permanently. Firewall blocks such kinds of connections to reduce the risk of getting your computer hacked. There was a time when my Firewall blocked the connection while I was playing Roblox, and I spend three days without knowing why I got disconnected. Later on, I realized that it was a Firewall. To allow Roblox from Firewall –
- Open the Windows Search bar from the left base half of your screen and enter Control Panel in it to open the new window.
- Presently among the many choices, cautiously select the Windows Defender Firewall choice. This will open your Firewall settings.
- Presently, on the left half of the Firewall window, press the choice Allow an App or Feature Through Windows Firewall Defender. This will give you an option to choose the ideal program.
- Presently find your Roblox program and select it. (Roblox program is introduced in C:/Program Files/as a matter of course)
- Presently tick the checkboxes expressing to allow both public and private networks.
- In conclusion, apply the change.
Sometimes DNS can be wrongly cached. This results in connecting to some other server rather than the original client. To flush the DNS –
- Open Command Prompt from the search bar.
- Now type
- Press Enter and it will flush the DNS Resolver Cache.
After flushing the DNS, try connecting to the game again. If the error persists, move to the next step.
Restart Your Computer
If none of the above solutions works for you, then restart your computer once. This will reset all the caches and DNS configurations. It can also fix the Roblox log files. To restart your computer –
- Press the start menu.
- Next, press the Power option and select the Restart/Reboot option.
- Wait for the reboot to complete.
If restarting your computer doesn’t work, then reinstalling your Roblox client will fix the error. Sometimes, the application files might get corrupted due to some external factors. To fix them, you need to rerun the installation.
To reinstall Roblox –
- Open Control Panel
- Snap-on Uninstall a Program or Add or Remove Program choice
- Find Roblox in the list of all programs
- Snap-on the Uninstall button
- This will completely remove Roblox from your computer
- Go to the Roblox site and sign in to your account
- After signing into Roblox, visit any game and click on the green Play button
- A window will appear informing you that Roblox is installing in your system
- Once introduced, the game will open automatically
Fix Error Code 268 Roblox on Mobile
Error Code 268 Roblox can appear on mobile phones too. This can be caused by the same reasons mentioned above. Although fixing this error on mobile is very much comfortable.
Clear Roblox Cache and Data
Same as the computer’s cache, the mobile’s cache also might get corrupted and can cause issues in the connectivity of the servers. This error can be fixed by clearing the cache and data of the Roblox application. By doing this, it can be said that you’ve reset the Roblox to its original installation.
To clear cache and data in mobile –
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Tap the Storage heading to open its settings page.
- Tap the Other Apps heading to see a list of your installed apps.
- Find the Roblox app and tap it.
- Tap the Clear cache button.
Restarting your phone
Restart your phone once if you’re still facing the same problem. This will close all the application instances and improve network stability. Many times, other applications interfere with your network causing issues in other apps. To restart your phone –
- Hold the Power button on your phone. After holding for 2-3 seconds, a list of options will appear.
- Click on Reboot/Restart the phone.
This way you can fix the error code 268 Roblox on your mobile phone.
Other Related Errors
Roblox has good error management and nomenclature. Every error has a unique ID and explanation. The causes of these errors might differ but they can be solved from our PC/mobile. Other errors in Roblox and their respective solutions –
Error Code 268 Roblox is one of the frequently faced errors by the players. This error arrises due to internet issues or third party app interference. Still, it can be fixed easily using the above methods on both PC and mobile. Follow the given steps to solve the error in no time!