A lot of players are calling Witcher 3 overrated, but why is that? Let us see what makes the players think so.
About Witcher 3
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is an action role-playing game. It was released in 2015 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, and in 2019 for Nintendo Switch. The game is the sequel to 2011’s The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and the final installment in the main The Witcher video game series.
The game is set in an open-world environment and played from a third-person perspective. Players control the protagonist, Geralt of Rivia, a monster hunter tasked with finding his adopted daughter, Ciri. The game features a nonlinear storyline with multiple quests and endings, and players can explore the game’s world at their own pace.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt received critical acclaim upon its release, with praise for its open world, story, characters, gameplay, and visuals. It was also a commercial success, selling over 28 million copies as of 2020.
Overall, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a great game that has a lot to offer. It is not without its flaws, but it is still a good game. It is a must-play for fans of action RPGs and fantasy games.
Why do people find Witcher 3 overrated?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a critically acclaimed action role-playing game that has been praised for its open world, story, characters, and gameplay. However, some people still believe that The Witcher 3 is not all that praise-worthy. Here are some of the common criticisms of the game that make people find Witcher 3 overrated:
- The story is too long and drawn-out. The main story of The Witcher 3 is very long, and some players find it to be too slow-paced and repetitive. The game also has a lot of side quests, which can be overwhelming for some players.
- The combat is too slow and clunky. The combat in The Witcher 3 is based on attacking enemies with your sword and blocking their attacks with your shield. Some players find this combat system to be too slow and clunky, especially compared to other action RPGs.
- The open world is too big and empty. The open world in The Witcher 3 is very large, and it can be difficult to find things to do. Some players find this to be a waste of time, and they would rather have a smaller world that is more densely populated.
- The game is too buggy. The Witcher 3 was released with a lot of bugs, and some players have had problems with the game crashing or freezing. CD Projekt Red has released patches to fix these bugs, but some players still experience problems.
- The game is too demanding on hardware. The Witcher 3 is a very demanding game, and it requires powerful hardware to run smoothly. Some players with older computers may not be able to play the game at a high frame rate, which can make the experience less enjoyable.
- It’s not a very innovative game. The Witcher 3 doesn’t do anything particularly new or groundbreaking in terms of its gameplay or mechanics. It’s a very traditional open-world action RPG that follows many of the same formulas as other games in the genre.
- It’s not a very well-paced game. The Witcher 3’s pacing can be uneven at times, with some sections feeling slow and draggy while others feel rushed and underdeveloped. This can make for an inconsistent and frustrating experience for some players.
- It’s not a very well-balanced game. The Witcher 3’s difficulty can be all over the place, with some encounters being trivially easy and others being frustratingly difficult. This can make it difficult for players to find a challenge that is both enjoyable and rewarding.
People on various forums have also had discussions about this. Some people do find Witcher 3 overrated, whereas others don’t. You can read about them here:
- r/patientgamers on Reddit here. In summary, people have criticized the game for its bad story, repetitive environments, lack of exploration rewards, and copy-and-paste side quests. While acknowledging good monster design and graphics, they rate the game a 7 or 8 out of 10 and mention that most players, including themselves, didn’t finish it.
- “Is the Witcher 3 game overrated?” on Quora here. People have said
- “Am I insane, or is this the most overrated game I’ve ever played?” The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt General Discussions” on Steam Community here.
Overall, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a great game that has a lot to offer. But whether or not you find Witcher 3 overrated will depend on your personal preferences and what you are looking for in a game. Even though a lot of people do find Witcher 3 overrated, it still has a loyal fanbase that enjoys the game a lot. And at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so to come to a conclusion to the question “Is Witcher 3 overrated?”, you might have to play the game yourself.
Why do people like The Witcher 3 so much?
The Witcher 3’s popularity stems from its deep story, expansive open world, engaging side quests, fluid combat, memorable characters, beautiful visuals and music, impactful choices, emotional depth, high replayability, and continuous support.
Is there any game better than Witcher 3?
Consider Red Dead Redemption 2 for its immersive world, GTA V for its freedom and satire, Breath of the Wild for its open-world exploration, Horizon Zero Dawn for its unique setting, and Mass Effect 2 for its narrative and characters. Ultimately, the “best” game depends on your individual preferences.
Why is Witcher 3 so demanding?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is demanding because of its vast open world, high-quality graphics, advanced physics, abundant content, optional HairWorks technology, and 4K/HDR compatibility. These features require significant processing power to achieve smooth performance.