Red Dead Redemption 2, also popular as Red Dead Redemption ll, is an exciting game that touched the heights of recognition after its release. Red Dead Redemption 2 portrays an open-world environment that was released in 2018. The game was developed and managed by Rockstar Games. It dives in as the third game in the Red Redemption Series.
The game introduces a bunch of unique and powerful characters to the players. Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston is one of those unique in-game characters. In this article, we will explore John Marston’s character, a protagonist in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Table of Contents
Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston – Appearance
Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston is presented as a playable character of a protagonist in Red Dead Redemption 2. John Marston’s character is sketched as a nuanced and family-oriented person in the first game.
The character is beautifully designed with a glimpse of fashion and style. In the early missions, we can find John at the Pronghorn Ranch, working as the ranch hand. Here the character is efficiently fashioned with dark blue trousers, red and white buttoned shirt, a flattened hat. His deadly look is complemented with level 2 off black hair parted left, with a level 4 length manly beard.
Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston – Personality
Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston presents similar actions as the other playable characters, which are both honorable and dishonorable; the players can choose their option of actions. John Marston is generally portrayed as a man with moral value with a glimpse of a sense of honor. In Red Dead Redemption 2, John is depicted as a young soul, nuanced, and possesses a colder and family-oriented personality. John does not hold a racist mentality, and he sardonically mocks at this belief. He prefers his personal horse over the new technology of automobiles.
John failed to fulfill the responsibilities of a good father of Jack, declaring that he was not John’s son. John even mocks his family, mentioning “seeing corpses” to refer to the people he’s murdered, portraying that his rude nature towards his family. But soon, John gets the reward for his evil deeds. When his family was endangered due to his criminal offense, he realized how much a bad father and a bad husband he was.
Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston – History
The world witnessed the birth of John Marston in 1873. His father was introduced as an uneducated Scottish immigrant, and his mother was a prostitute. Marston initially survived the early days of his life with his father. But, when John was a kid of eight years old, his father died in a bar fight. John spent a few years of his life in an orphanage. But, he was tired of those circumstances, so he flew away from the orphanage to define a new life for himself.
Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston stepped into the crime world at the age of 11 when he committed his first murder. From then he continued small criminal activities to earn his living. Soon John was introduced to the Van der Linde gang, which adopted him as a family member. John was taught every crime – reading, hunting, stealing, shooting. Soon, John established his name as an experienced outlaw involved in various criminal activities like robberies, raids, murders, kidnapping. In 1894, Abigail, a prostitute, fell in love with John Marston, and in 1895, they had the symbol of their love as a son, named Jack. In 1896, John tried to drove himself out of the criminal genre and left the gang.
Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston – Relationships
John Marston primarily had relations with a selected number of people –
- John’s Father – John mentions his father, who is portrayed as an uneducated Scottish immigrant, who lived in the Scottish place and frequently mentioned it. His father lost his life in a bar fight.
- John’s Mother – John mentions her mother to be a prostitute who died while giving birth to the young infant, John Marston.
- Abigail Marston – She was the new member who joined John’s gang and was a prostitute. They fell in love with each other, shared a sexual relationship, and got their love symbol as their son, Jack.
- Jack Marston – Jack was John and Abigail’s son, but John removed both his son and his wife from his life, doubting Jack being his own son and not desiring to live a family life. But later, when John’s evil deeds pushed this family into the trap of death, he was filled with regret with the release that he was unworthy as a husband and a father.
- Dutch Vander Linde – John was rescued from the traps of the people who caught him stealing at the early age of 11. Since then, John joined the Vander Linde Gang and believed the Dutch to be his father and mentor, who introduced John to life and survival elements. John was quoted as one of the favorite persons of the Dutch.
Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston – Mission Appearances
- Red Dead Redemption – He is presented as a protagonist in all missions, other than “Strange Side Mission.”
- Undead Nightmare – He is presented as a protagonist in all missions.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – He appears as a protagonist after chapter 6 in every mission.
The Red Dead Redemption 2 presents like a box of playable character with a back story, to explore the deadly world of survival and to fight for existence.
Now, you have the come details of one of the fieriest in-game characters, Red Dead Redemption 2 John Marston. So, go dive into the world of Red Dead Redemption to witness the characters.