League of Legends is an online multiplayer game that was released on 27th October 2009 on the platform of macOS and Microsoft Windows. League of Legends was developed and published by Riot Games, and it is inspired by Warcraft III, which is also known as Defense of the Ancients. It is a battle arena game and hosted the most extensive international competition sponsored by Esport.
League of Legends Kleptomancy was a rune introduced to benefit the players in gaining bonus gold coins, increase their abilities, and strengthen the weak points. Soon after its launch in the game, players reported that the matchmaking with the long-range players is the most significant disadvantage while chasing the Kleptomancy. League of Legends Kleptomancy is currently removed from the game (patch 9 23) since the ranged players used the League of Legends Kleptomancy as bait against those who preferred to play with melee weapons.
Table of Contents
What is League of Legends Kleptomancy?
Kelptomancy in League of Legends was introduced like a rune, which allowed the players to have a bonus gold advantage and consumables advantage (random item) over other champions in exchange for powers provided by the keystones. The Kleptomancy in League of Legends had varying landing dynamics, which means it used to undergo the changes depending upon what you obtained from the process.
A player can farm the bonus golds and consumables by performing constant and harass damage, which looks rough for ranged against melee matchups. This unequal matchmaking considered the removal of League of Legends Kleptomancy in patch 9 23. Especially for champions like ezreal and gangplank, you can reset the cooldowns that proc Klepto. This inequality created a huge issue in LOL for a long time.
Effects of League of Legends Kleptomancy
There are various effects of League of Legends Kleptomancy which can be experienced in the game-:
- Kelptomancy can be stacked up with Travel Size SpellBlade items.
- Kelptomancy after 20 minutes, cannot loot Control Ward, Peering Farsight Ward, or Pilfered Stealth Ward.
- The ward received by Kelptomancy (Control Ward, Peering Farsight Ward, or Pilfered Stealth Ward) while the inventory was full (No Travel Size) is donated to the top player of the enemy champion. For Manaless Champions, they will get Sly Sacks of Gold instead of Mana Potions.
- Suppose you have obtained the rune, Total Biscuits of Everlasting Will and Biscuit Delivery. It will increase the maximum mana when you consume it or sell it (Without the Biscuits and Biscuits Delivery, you will not receive the effect of maximum mana after being sold or consumed).
- The drop rate to loot a consumable before the 15 minutes mark (only for melee champions) is 25% for basic attacks. And after 15 minutes, the chances are increased to 58%.
- Elixir of Skill
How does League of Legends Klemptomancy work?
Kleptomancy in League of Legends can be used for various enhancements like – you can exchange it for multiple items, consume the stone for experiencing gains in numerous abilities, and improve the weakness by using this stone.
If your inventory is full and you gain a consumable item from the Kelptomancy, it will be consumed instantly. You can only activate the Kleptomancy once every 2 seconds.
- Sell in exchange for gold for basic attacks if you are getting sufficient value.
- Consume it increase your abilities of champions; you need to pair it up with other skills.
- It helps to increase the skills of weak areas.
Is Kleptomancy good in LOL?
No, Kleptomancy in League of Legends is not good because the players who tend to have a long-range fight can take advantage of Kleptomancy (due to reduced drop rate) before the players who are on playing with the melee style. It is a drawback for melee players if their matchmaking is done with ranged players.
The ranged players have the advantage of targeting the rune faster than the melee champions; it is because a melee player needs to reach the location of Kleptomancy and then perform fierce attacks. And the ranged players can bait the Kelptomancy’s location so that they can be killed quickly as soon as a player arrives at the rune.
For champions like ezreal and Gangplank, Kleptos are ideal by getting free golds and buffs by poking the enemies.
If the matchmaking is done with similar ranged weapon players, it will be a fair fight for the Kleptomancy. But it is impossible to have the same matchmaking, so it is a drawback to have the League of Legends Kleptomancy.
Other alternatives to Kleptomancy
If you feel the game tough while chasing the League of Legends Kleptomancy, you can try the game’s alternative runes.
- Fleet rune
- ARAM rune
- Inspiration rune
- Resolve rune
- Sorcery rune
- Domination rune
- Precision rune
- Dark Harvest rune
All the above runes are the existing runes of League of Legends, except the ARAM rune since it is considered the replacement of the Kleptomancy rune. The current runes are easy to fight for and gain the advantages as compared to the Kelptomancy rune. Therefore, if you feel ditched while chasing the Kleptomancy rune, you go for other runes that will benefit you more.
League of Legends Kleptomancy awarded great rewards for the players, but long-ranged players using it as a bait against melee players made it impossible for most users to benefit from this rune. So, several players reported this, and the developer drew back the concept of Kleptomancy. Though, there are still a few runes that a player can use to build up their abilities.