The Fallout 4 Flashlight will help to explore the dark regions. It can be complemented by headlamps and Pip-Boy’s ultra-bright light.
Fallout 4 is the fourth installment in the Fallout series that was released in November 2015. It was developed by Bethesda Game Studio and published by Bethesda Softworks. The story is set in the post-apocalyptic open world in the city of Boston and the regions surrounding Massachusetts. Ten years after the events of Fallout 3, the story of Fallout 4 takes place in the year 2287. After the ‘Great war’ that took place in 2077, states across the United States faced catastrophic nuclear devastation. The players control a character known as ‘Sole Survivor,’ who is in search of his kidnapped son.
Table of Contents
How to Turn On the Fallout 4 Flashlight PC?
Press and hold the Tab key for four to five seconds. The Pip-boy will then illuminate light which can be used as a flashlight
How to Turn On the Fallout 4 Flashlight PS4?
Press and hold ‘O’ for two to three seconds to turn the flashlight on.
Fallout 4 Flashlight in the Inventory?
After the player’s character is created, the players have to go to the main vault door 111, where the computer station is located. Here, on the skeleton’s arm, the players will find a Pip-Boy. The players can access Pip-Boy’s flashlight from the inventory. The flashlight can be crafted at the chemistry station underneath the utility category. One can also find them at various armor vendors as they have added to the level list. The players can also change colors at the armored workbench.
How to change the color of the Fallout 4 Flashlight?
The green light of the Pip-Boy can be changed to 6 different colors. The Flashlight’s color can be changed to Red, Blue, Incandescent, Purple, and Vanilla. To adjust the color, follow the following steps:
- Go to Setting
- Go to Display Tab
- Scroll Down to Pip-Boy Colors
In this way, the players can adjust the color of the Pip-boy’s flashlight according to one’s wish.
Fallout 4 Flashlight Mod
The Flashlight mode in Fallout 4 has several new wearables that can be used instead of the default Pip-boy’s light. The Flashlight mod has added several new effects in this installment of Fallout. Installation for this mode is scripted, which allows players to project light from each wearable. It also provides the players a chance to on the dynamic shadows. Dynamic shadows may have a slight clipping in the performance of the players.
But this is not a big deal, because it is not really visible during the normal gameplay. These flashlights automatically switch on in the darkness and will switch off, if the players go in the sneak mode. However, it must be noted that the flashlight from the Pip-Boy’s inventory will not automatically switch off and may attract the enemies’ attention. These wearables are listed below:
- TNR Shoulder Lamp: The players have to wear this lamp on their shoulders. The TNR Shoulder Lamp is comparatively a simple mode as the only thing the players have to do is mount it on their shoulders. The textures on it are of high quality and have their own armor slot. Thus the players can use it with a full set of armor.
- Head-Mounted (Helmet)
- Eye-piece (half goggle)
Some of the Best Fallout 4 Flashlight Mods
- The Space Travel Mod: Brings in Staples of space games in Fallout 4. Through the amazing custom spacesuit for character and the dynamic spawning asteroid belts, Bethesda has shown off its next-gen tech.
- Male Voice Randomizer: Instead of those mundane voice lines, the player character will say completely random, non-relatable.
- Small Preston: Interactions with the Non-Player Characters have now become more Fun!
- COV1D in the Commonwealth: This mod brings a survival mode in the fallout force commonwealth.
- Ferals Want Chocolate: This mod is all about Feral Ghouls screaming chocolates, that can get pretty intense in the survival mode.
- Full Dialogue Interference: This appears to be very front-loaded as it replaces the previous dialogue wheel in other games in the Fallout series
- Sim Settlements: This mod allows the players to add in little plots in their settlements, which the settlers will later naturally build up. This will speed up the process of building towns in the commonwealth.
- Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch: This mod patch fixes several bugs in Fallout 4.
A few FAQs regarding the flashlight in Fallout 4 and other inventories are answered below.
What to do when Pip-boy’s flashlight is not working?
It is simple, go back by pressing escape. Go to settings and reset the keyboard configuration to ‘default.’ Press Exit and enter back into the game; the flashlight will definitely work now.
How to turn on the flashlight in Fallout 3?
In Fallout 3, to switch on the flashlight, press the Tab key to activate the Pip-boy. On PS4, press and hold the ‘O’ button, whereas on PS3, press and hold the ‘B’ button.
Is there a Fallout 4 Flashlight in PS4 version?
Yes, there is a flashlight in PS4 version of Fallout 4, just hold the circle button on the PlayStation 4 to switch on the flashlight.