Borderlands 3 Not Launching is a common problem for many players. This issue appears when your system doesn’t support the game or it’s installed incorrectly. In this post, we’ll have a look at all
Below we have mentioned the system requirements required for playing Borderlands 3. So make sure you have a look at them and your PC fulfills these system requirements.
|Operating System||Windows 7/8/10 (latest service pack)|
|Required Processor||AMD FX-8350 (Intel i5-3570)|
|Required Memory||6GB RAM|
|Ideal Graphics Card||AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB)|
|Required Hard Disk||75 GB|
Once you check and ensure that your system fulfills all the requirements and still faces Borderlands 3 Not Launching, you can follow these methods mentioned below to resolve the issue. They are as follows:
Steps to Solve Borderlands 3 Not Launching
Update the Epic Games Launcher
Usually, many Borderlands 3 update the Epic Game Launcher, and they fix the issue. If there is a requirement for updates to be installed, it is the responsibility of the launcher to detect it. But sometimes, unfortunately, it gets failed to install an update. Previously you will see a Restart and Update button available in the Settings, But now you will notice restart Epic Games. Just try this solution, and it will help you to resolve the issue.
Verify the Integrity of the game files
It is always recommended and very easy to firstly check if the game files are corrupt or not. Having corrupted files will run into an issue while launching the Borderlands 3 game on your System. So, if this is the issue, you have to check and verify the game files. So, let us see how to do it.
- Step 1: Go to Epic Game Launcher
- Step 2: Navigate to the Library
- Step 3: Click on the Cog Icon, available at the lower-right corner of the Borderlands 3.
- Step 4: Click on the Verify Button. Have patience. It will take a couple of minutes to complete the verification.
When the verification process gets completed and the game files are verified, the following process is to relaunch the Borderlands 3 once again and check whether the issue is resolved or not. If it gets fixed, congratulations, and start enjoying the game. And unfortunately, this is also not the solution working for you. We have many more fixes on the list. You can try each one of them mentioned further in the following article.
Run the game as Administrator
Sometimes Borderlands 3 might not run on your System because some access to the game files falls under the user mode, which could be one of the critical reasons for the game not getting launched. And To fix this issue, you can once try to run Borderlands 3 as an administrator. So let us look at the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Go to the Epic Games Launcher icon of the System
- Step 2: Right Click on the Epic Games Launcher icon on your System
- Step 3: Below, you will see Properties in the list. Click on the Properties button
- Step 4: You will see a new window appearing on the screen. Click on the Compatibility Tab available in this window.
- Step 5: Click on the Run this program as an administrator box
- Step 6: Click on the Apply Button
- Step 7: Click on the Ok Button
- Step 8: Now head towards the directory where you have installed the Borderlands 3 game and run the “.exe” files as an administrator role.
- Step 9: Relaunch the Borderlands 3 game from the Epic Games Launcher to check the issue is fixed or not.
Check for Windows Updates on the System
To ensure compatibility, you have to frequently check if your system is running with the latest updates. And if you have a system running with Windows 10 Operating System, you have to perform a Windows update.
- Step 1: Go to the Start icon.
- Step 2: Type and search updates in the search box
- Step 3: Click on Check for Updates
- Step 4: If any updates are pending or new updates are available, click on the Update Button. Next, follow the instruction available on the screen to complete the installation.
- Step 5: If you see the message “You’re up to date,” simply click on the “Check for updates” button. Windows will automatically check for the latest available updates and will automatically get and install them.
Once the System gets installed with the latest updates, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved.
Updating the Device Drivers
In some cases, Borderlands 3 might get failed to launch because of a corrupted or the reason might be an outdated driver, especially the graphic card driver. Updating the graphic driver to the latest version can help you run your game smoother and helps to prevent other errors.
You can automatically get the latest drivers online and install them manually. Otherwise, you can perform this step automatically with the help of Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically check your System and get the correct drivers. You can update your drivers automatically with Free or with the Pro version of Driver Easy. The Pro version will offer you a money-back guarantee also will provide you with complete support.
- Step 1: Go to the web browser and get the Diver Easy
- Step 2: Install the Driver Easy Application on your System
- Step 3: Run the Driver Easy and click on Scan Now Button. Driver Easy will scan the system and detect the issue in drivers.
- Step 4: Click on the Update button to get the running version of all the drivers. After getting the installer, you have to manually install it. Otherwise, click on the Update All button at the bottom right corner, and it will automatically update all the outdated and missing drivers on the System.
Getting Back to DX11
If you are running Borderlands 3 with DX 12, it will be stuck in the loading section. You can once try by getting back to DX11, and it will work again.
- Step 1: On your System, go to “%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\”
- Step 2: When you are at WindowsNoEditor Right Click the Game User Settings.ini titled file
- Step 3: Click on Edit with Notepad
- Step 4: In the Notepad
- Scroll down and search for the line mentioning “PreferredGraphics API.” Here change DX12 to DX11 and save the file.
- Step 5: Restart your System and relaunch the Borderland to check if the issue I fixed.
Updating the Game Patch
The Game Patch also plays the primary role to which impacts the gaming experience of any gameplay. Thus, you have to update it frequently by installing it with the latest version. Gearbox Software is one of the best sources available to receive the attest game patch.
So we suggest install the latest Game Patch to resolve the Borderlands 3 issue of not getting launched. After successfully installing the updated game patch, relaunch the game and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Run a Clean Boot
- Step 1: Press the Windows Key+ R simultaneously on the keyboard to open the Run box.
- Step 2: Type msconfig and hit the Enter button
- Step 3: Click on the Services Tab
- Step 4: Check for Hide all Microsoft Services Box
- Step 5: Click on Disable All
- Step 6: Click on the Startup Tab
- Step 7: Click on the Open Task Manager
- Step 8: Below the Startup Tab, select each startup item and click the Disable button available below.
- Step 9: Click on Apply button
- Step 10: Click on the Ok Button
- Step 11: Restart the System and launch Borderland 3 game and check if the issue is fixed or not.
If you want to find the problematic software, below are the steps mentioned to do so
- Step 1: Open the System Configuration
- Step 2: Enable Services and applications that you previously disabled one by one until you get the problematic one.
Reinstall the Game
If nothing works for you, the final step is to reinstall the game to fix the issue.
- Step 1: Press the Windows logo + R button together on the keyboard to get the Run Box
- Step 2: Type apppwiz.cpl
- Step 3: Hit the Enter Button
- Step 4: Eight Click on Borderlands 3 and click on Uninstall
Finally, restart your system and reinstall the game. If then also you face the issue, you might have to reinstall the Epic Games also.
Borderlands 3 Tazendeer Ruins Challenges
Borderlands 3 Farming for Legendary Items