There are many reasons that your Pokemon Unite Won’t Start. Some of them include Internet issues, network fluctuations that are the most occurring ones; therefore, there is no need to worry as these two can be fixed easily to get you back to the game progress and enjoy the Pokemon Unite on your Nintendo Switch. Most probably, these are categorized under the quick fix technical glitches, which require simple debugging steps to resolve the issue.
What is Connection Issue in Pokemon Unite
To solve the connection issue or any other issues, we need to know the reason for its occurrence. Then we need to get the answer to “Why is there a connection error in Pokemon unite?”
There are four major reasons that are causing this error while opening the game.
- The server of Pokemon unite may be down.
- Your device Nintendo Switch has connectivity issues.
- The operating system requires a restart.
- Lastly, there is poor internet connectivity.
Solve Pokemon Unite Won’t Start Problem
Since there can be numerous causes that can lead to the connection error of Pokemon unite, there are a few methods available to deal with these issues; you just need to try one by one, as no one can work but which will work it is not confirmed.
Let us get started with all the possible debugging methods quickly.
Internet Connectivity Check
Firstly, we should get our hands on the Wi-Fi system, as it can be the fundamental reason for the internet connectivity loss with the Nintendo Switch.
- On your Nintendo Switch, get to the home menu and select System Settings.
- From the list, search for the Internet option, and it will display the status of your internet connection.
- If you doubt your internet connection or thinking of switching your Wi-Fi network, then click on Internet Settings.
- Select the network to make a connection with the Nintendo Switch, and log in to that network.
- After all these steps, if the game still shows the connectivity issue, disconnect the router device for 20 seconds and plug it back in.
- Now, open the game Pokemon unite and check if the issue is resolved or not.
After following these steps, if you face the same issue, then reach out to the internet service provider for further assistance and get your stable internet connection.
Reopening The Game Pokemon Unite
The second process of debugging is very simple, and sometimes it solves the error right away. As it can be helpful that only a reboot of the game may get things on track.
- If the game is currently running on your console, then use the Home Button to get the main screen of Nintendo Switch.
- Scroll and move towards the Pokemon unite game.
- Use the X button.
- Click on Close.
- Now, again open the game Pokemon unite and check if it is running fine.
After restarting the game, if the error is still the same, then it is time to move on to the next method of debugging to fix this problem.
Toggling Airplane Mode
Sometimes basic things like we use to do on the mobile might make the work done, and in this case, also we need to switch on and off the airplane mode of the Nintendo switch. So, here are the steps how to perform this action.
- You need to open the side menu, and to get this option, you need to press and hold the Home Switch for 3-5 seconds.
- Move to the second option from the list and select the Airplane Mode. This will disconnect the Nintendo Switch connection with the Wi-Fi temporarily.
- After switching on the Airplane Mode, wait for 10 seconds, and then turn off the Airplane Mode. This method is complete now, and your Pokemon unite might start working properly.
Hopefully, this step might have got the game working, as it has renewed the connection with the Wi-Fi and got a stable speed connection with the Nintendo Switch. If still the issue persists, then try the following method.
Restart Nintendo Switch
Till now, we are done the external device checks and moving on to the console check. We need to restart our Nintendo Switch, which can resolve this problem.
- Open up the menu by pressing and holding the Power switch,
- Move to the Power options.
- Select the Restart option. (Not the Turn Off)
- This will automatically switch off the console and then turn it on.
The restart method helps a lot in most cases with various devices. Hopefully, this has made the game back on track and if not, then proceed to the next step.
Check For Game Updates
There may be a reason that developers have released the new game version, but your Nintendo Switch has not installed it yet. So, we need to get the game updated as soon as possible.
- Get to the main menu of the console and reach the Pokemon unite.
- Press the + Button on the controller.
- Click on the Software Update option.
- Select the option of Via the Internet.
- Wait for the game to check for the latest updates. Once it is done, click on OK. (If not on the latest version, install it)
If there was an update and you have installed it, but then also the connection error persists, you need to restart the Nintendo Switch, and this will fix the issue.
Occasionally, games with a large number of people require maintenance breaks, or sometimes the server break down abruptly. If it is a maintenance break, then Pokemon unite will announce this on Twitter beforehand to update the players, and for now, other than this method, there are no different ways to check for maintenance breaks. Secondly, you can have a check on the Pokemon Unite Subreddit to get information regarding the connectivity issues.
If there is a server breakdown, then there is nothing in our hands apart from waiting desperately for the server to get back to a working state once again.
Most of the time, we play with our friends, and there might be an issue with your friend’s internet connectivity. Make them follow the same steps to fix the problem in their game.
Nintendo Support Contact
If you have done with all the methods and still the network connectivity issue is not resolved, then your console needs to be checked. You need to get support from Nintendo Customer Support, and they will help you rectify or repair the Nintendo Switch issue.
Hopefully, after following the above methods, you can launch Pokemon Unite correctly.